Saturday, January 24, 2015

To the Man of God Who Will Be My Husband Someday......

To the Man of God Who Will Be My Husband Someday-

I have had a longing for you in my heart since I was a young teenager.  I have always dreamed of you and our future family.  At first, my idea of our life together was filtered through my worldly eyes.  I wanted you to save me from myself  by loving me unconditionally, treating me like a princess, protecting me, providing for me and our future family, spending time with me, traveling with me, and spending the rest of your life with me.

I know, a lot of ME's!  Remember, I was young and gained my idea of you through TV, movies, country songs, and those awful romance books where the knight and shining armor comes and saves the girl and they live happily ever after.   

To be honest with you, I searched like this for ten years.  I got my heart broken (even crushed) during my search for you.  When I opened my heart wide to be loved, I was taken advantage of in many ways, lied to, and told that I was not the one and/ or not good enough. I made a lot of mistakes in my search for you.  I looked for you in all the wrong places.  Eventually,  I began to believe that I really wasn't good enough to be your wife because of my mistakes, so I put a wall around my heart and decided that since it was not God's will for me to marry you, then I would not share my heart with anyone.

As you will learn some day, God gave me a heart for others.  I love to help others, encourage them, and serve them with all my heart.  So, the wall around my heart had to come down as well as the whole foundation I built of our future life together.  It was not fun to tear everything down, but it was necessary in order for me to allow God in my life so HE could heal me, save me, define me, and fulfill not only His purpose for me to be your wife, but to show me my purpose in the world as His daughter.  Before I met you, I had to find my ONE true love - JESUS!

I love Jesus with all of my heart.  I serve him every day as a daughter, friend, teacher, mentor, and woman.  I pray each and every day that His light shine through me and that others will feel His love through me.  I long for the lost, broken, abused, neglected, and the unloved to find Christ and be transformed.  God has used me beyond what I could have ever imagined, but it is now time for me to meet you, my helper and best friend.  I believe everything is better in teams.  I long for us to serve God together in whatever he has planned for us and our family.  I have been praying for you. My prayers have included the following:

I pray that when you have had a bad day or have an important task, God will put you on my heart to   intercede for you now, even before we meet.
I pray that you know God and know who you are in Christ.
I pray that you know how wide and deep his love is for you.
I pray that you serve God in your job, relationships, and your life.
I pray that you not get discouraged in the world by the ways in which people live.
I pray that you be the man you were meant to be.
I pray that you seek God for wisdom and direction in your life.
I pray God would bring the right people in your life to help you move towards God's plan for your     life.
I pray that God protect you from anything that would keep you from God's will for your life.
I pray that God gives you patience - you are not only going to need it in your job and ministry, but     you will need it on my stubborn days.I am a woman of God, but I am not perfect.
I pray that you learn to let God define you not by your money, your job, your position, or your           successes or failures, but by the man he created you to be.
I pray that you are learning what a great leader you are.
I pray that you already pray for our children, their future, and their own salvation.
I pray that you will not be afraid of failure - because God teaches us more during those moments.  I   want you to know that I love you despite your failures and mistakes.  I love you for the Godly man     you are and the father you will be to our children someday.

Until we meet and are married, I promise I will wait for you for as long as it takes.  I will pray for you every day until then.  I promise to seek after God and live a life that is pleasing to him and I will seek forgiveness  when needed as soon as possible so nothing will delay in us meeting. I promise to depend on God during my lonely nights and not search for love anywhere except in the arms of Jesus.  I promise that I will love your family and your children if you have them.  I am already praying for them too. I promise to be patient until he has prepared me completely to be the wife you have prayed for and need.  

I am not perfect and never will be, but I promise to be open to learning from you, making things right, forgiving, loving, encouraging, supporting, honoring,  and respecting, and laughing a lot with you through the life lessons God will teach us together as husband and wife. I already love you with all my heart and our children because God has placed you all there.  May God's love and grace sustain us all the days of our life.

I can't wait to meet you!  Until then, know that I love Jesus and you now and forever!

Leah

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10:6-9 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.1 Corinthians 13:4-8


No comments:

Post a Comment