Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Importance of A To Do List- Part Six


It has been awhile since my last post.  I was in the middle of posting insights on what God has been revealing to me about To Do Lists.  In the middle of journaling, God wanted to provide an opportunity for me put into practice what He was teaching me.  I am still processing what I have learned.  Here are my thoughts so far.
So many of us get frustrated and overwhelmed by our own To Do Lists.  We spend countless hours working to scratch things off the list just to add to it again. In my last posts [Click here to read my previous posts], I shared what I believe God would want our To Do List to look like based on [Luke 10:25-28].
To Do List:


1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.


2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Let's look at how we could check the first thing off the list.
First,  Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul...  Think about it. What is in your heart? You hold the most precious and valuable things in your heart. You hold your desires, wishes, dreams, relationships, and hopes. We tend to get worked up the most when it comes to things of the heart.  We get impatient, frustrated, overwhelmed, and angry when the things we hold so close to our hearts don't go as planned. When we release matters of our heart to God, we can begin to scratch #1 off our list by loving the Lord by trusting in His ultimate plan for our lives.  He truly has our best interest at heart ! Giving All of our soul means that we give God our will. Not My will but YOUR will be done. I believe that my will (what I want) is not necessarily bad so it must be connected to God's will. The truth is a good opportunity may not be a God opportunity. God's vision and purpose for our life is eternal, so we need to trust Him.
Second, you are to love with all your strength, and all your mind.  I remember one Wed. night hearing a message that said "Our thoughts control our life". We really need God's help with this....when we surrender our hearts to God, then we are saying we give control of our life to him. I believe our thoughts reflect our heart. If we have surrendered our heart to God, then our thoughts will follow, but there is one thing to remember. Satan likes to play with our minds and try to get us away from thoughts of God's will and promises. So, I have learned the importance of spending time daily in God's word. God's word gives us strength and power over Satan and his lies.
Simply put, we are to love God with our whole being before we love anything else in this world!!! Nothing we are given in this world could compare to the love, promises, and plan that God has for our lives. So, if loving God can be crossed off the list, then we can live in peace.
Insights on crossing off #2 in my next posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment