Friday, December 30, 2016

Lesson Learned in 2016

As the year ends, I always reflect on what I learned. This year, I had one big lesson that seemed to repeat itself. Simply put: My plans are not always what is best. I am going to get out of my comfort zone and be completely transparent.
There are 3 major life experiences that taught me that God's plans are better than mine.
1. One of my co workers got a new position. She is a dear friend and was one of my greatest supports, confidants, and a great team player. I was devastated that we would not work together. Selfishly, I wanted her to stay. What I didn't know then, that I know now is that God was in the process of growing us both in our job and leading us to develop new relationships and friendships as well as grow us professionally. God placed two amazing co-workers in my life due to the change that I would have never met. Both of us have grown professionally, personally, and made new friendships which has made my life richer and better.
2. I have had a dream that involves working with youth in some type of ministry. Every door has seemed to close that I have tried to go through this year. This has made me want to give up at times, but what God has revealed to me is that his plan is even on a larger scale. He reminded me that I already serve kids through teaching. He has opened my heart up to an even bigger dream of ministering to those in the education field. I have a dream of putting together a support group/Bible Study/or Lifegroup that is geared toward supporting people in the educational field and providing opportunities to grow together. Stay turned....
3. Very few people know this last experience. I am very private about matters closest to the heart, but my heart was crushed this year. Simply put: I fell in love with someone. He is an amazing man. Hard worker. Dedicated. Unconditionally loved me. He has been my best friend for several years. I really thought in my heart we would get married. We even talked about it more than once. We did not and will never get married. It was not in God's plan. Today, I have a deeper understanding. He got a job in another state miles away from here. I would not have met the people I have met this year if we would have married. He would not have met the people he has met if he would have stayed in Arkansas. I treasure the time we had together. God taught me a lot through our relationship, but my heart and soul are in the community that I teach and go to church. I know we are both where God wants us. We both were obedient to what we felt in our hearts God wanted us to do.
I am at total peace about how this year turned out. Everything happens for a reason. God always has our best interest at heart. Thankful he knows what's best. I love him for it!
For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 

No comments:

Post a Comment