Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Importance of A To Do List- Part Four


If you know me at all, you know that I am in no way a procrastinator. If I have a deadline, you can be sure that whatever the task, it will be done at least two weeks before the due date.  I have always been ahead of my game.  Well, the past few months have been extremely busy, and with more and more deadlines, I felt like I was drowning.  Although, still ahead, I felt pressure of never seeing an end to all my "to do's" on the list.  I hadn't slept well for almost two weeks because my mind was constantly thinking of all I still had to do. One night, I broke.  My anxiety and frustration took over and I broke.
I had a meltdown. My meltdown lead me to the source of all strength- the voice of God.  After sitting quiet, one phrase kept coming to mind. The one phrase was this:  "Set your mind on things eternal".  Scripture tells us, " Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth." (Colossians 3:2, NLT)
When I asked God to reveal what the phrase meant, I was lead to the following passage in Scripture.
One day an expert in religious law stood up to test Jesus by asking him this question: “Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?  Jesus replied, “What does the law of Moses say? How do you read it?”  The man answered, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’"  “Right!” Jesus told him. “Do this and you will live!” (Luke 10:25-28)
How does this scripture help minimize our To Do List?  Find out in my next few posts.  Thank you for reading my blog. I am completely honored!

No comments:

Post a Comment