Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Importance of A To Do List- Part Three


The fulfillment of completing a To Do List can seem impossible!  I recently had a melt down because I could not seem to cross off everything I had on my list.  My meltdown lead me to the source of all strength- the voice of God. 

No, I did not go crazy and hear an audible voice, although it would have made my meltdown well worth it!  I simply stopped crossing things off my list and sat quietly and talked to God.  After being still, my mind kept repeating one phrase. The one phrase changed my whole focus of the To Do List that I had been working on completing.  The one phrase lead me to an understanding of the  two most important tasks in life. The one phrase was this:  "Set your mind on things eternal". 

Scripture tells us, " Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth." (Colossians 3:2, NLT)

Ok, sure, walking on streets of gold and sitting on a white fluffy cloud does sound nicer than crossing off a To Do List, but is that the point?  I really didn't think I was on the right track, so I asked God what "things eternal" or "things in heaven" meant. 

What was revealed to me completely changed my perspective on the importance of my life and responsibility in this world. It also revealed to me that what was on my To Do List directly affected my eternal destination.  Although things on my list may be important by worldly standards, my list had no eternal value.    In order to understand and inherit the kingdom of heaven, my To Do List had to change.  It had to go from twenty tasks to only two. 

The two things are not normally on anyone's to do list, but if crossed off and completed, changes one's life forever !

No comments:

Post a Comment